Offshore Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)

This visa requires that you be sponsored by your child or another eligible sponsor in Australia.

Who is eligible for a Contributory Parent Visa?

You must be the parent of a child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.

You must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor. Usually, your child will sponsor you. If your child is under 18 years you may also be sponsored by your child’s spouse, a close family relative or guardian of your child, a close family relative or guardian of your child’s spouse or a community organisation.

You must have a commitment by a person prepared to provide you with an Assurance of Support.

Other Requirements for a Contributory Parent Visa

The balance of family test requires that half your children must be permanently resident in Australia or you have more children permanently resident in Australia than any other overseas single country.

This is an offshore visa application and applicants must be offshore to receive the visa. You can in some circumstances apply for this visa while you are onshore.

Benefits of a Contributory Parent Visa

This visa allows parents to migrate to Australia permanently to join their children who are living in Australia. By paying the contribution to the Australian government you accelerate processing of your application.

In certain circumstances this visa can be applied for while you are onshore but no Bridging Visa will be available.

Take the confusion out of

Visa applications

Get expert advice and support on your visa application with our online portal