Dependent Children

There are a number of schemes available to unite children with their families visa immigration.

Child (Permanent) (Subclass 101)

For children from overseas who are the child or stepchild of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Orphan Relative (Permanent) (Subclass 117)

For children from overseas whose parents are deceased, permanently incapacitated or whose whereabouts are unknown and who have an eligible sponsor.

Adoption (Permanent) (Subclass 102)

In the case of the adoption of children from overseas by an Australian citizen, the holder of an Australian permanent visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen. 

Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)

For children whose parent holds a temporary partner visa and is in the process of obtaining a permanent partner visa.  This visa allows the child  to be included in the permanent partner visa application. 

Humanitarian Program – Split Family Provisions

For the dependent children of people granted any permanent humanitarian visa (including Protection and Resolution of Status visas) in the last five years. Dependent children declared at the time of application may be eligible for entry to Australia through the offshore Humanitarian Program.

Take the confusion out of

Visa applications

Get expert advice and support on your visa application with our online portal