Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864)

by tfa_admin on 02 May 19

This visa requires that you be sponsored by your child, or another eligible sponsor, in Australia. You must be aged by definition and this application is made onshore.

Who is eligible for a Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864)?

To qualify for the contributory aged parent visa, you must be Aged by definition. You must be the parent of a child who is settled in Australia and is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

You must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor. Usually, your child will sponsor you. If your child is under 18 years you may also be sponsored by your child’s spouse, a close family relative or guardian of your child, a close family relative or guardian of your child’s spouse or a community organisation.

You must have a commitment by a person prepared to provide you with an Assurance of Support.

Other Requirements for a Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864)

The balance of family test requires that half your children must be permanently resident in Australia or you have more children permanently resident in Australia than any other overseas single country.

This visa is applied for onshore if you do not have restrictions on your current visa.

Benefits of a Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864)

This visa allows parents to migrate to Australia permanently to join their children who are living in Australia. By paying the contribution to the Australian government you accelerate processing. 

Take the confusion out of

Visa applications

Get expert advice and support on your visa application with our online portal.

Make it reality

Migration really doesn’t need to be a confusing experience.